Saturday 4 October 2008

Wedding Fair at Kenwick Park

It's raining again! Typical English Sunday weather? It sure seems to be this year. I honestly can't remember the last time we had a weekend completely without drizzle or heavy rain - or at least, an element of unpredictibility.

Oh well, today I'm going to Kenwick Park in Louth to show off my mobile disco and, hopefully, pick up some wedding disco bookings. Sounds easy! Not so easy though. There is a lot of competition for wedding DJs and around here is no different.

Days like this I am so appreciative of the wonderful feedback we get from brides and grooms we've worked for in the past. For example at the end of Friday's wedding in Belton Woods, the groom came over and said "you'll be hearing good things from us because that (the disco) was abslutely awesome". Another fantastic comment!

Today it's just a small PA system tucked under my table with a video playing on a flat screen. I don't go for the whole disco setup as it is not necessary. When a bride comes over for a chat they are more interested in what I say, and how I present myself, than how big my speakers are or how many disco lights I would use.

So it's neat a tidy, suit up and talk as much as I can to the brides and grooms who need wedding entertainment and, hopefully pick up one or two bookings for next year. I'll be happy with 3 bookings. That's my aim today.

No comments: